If you are one of those folks who are really trying to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 (Lollipop), grab a glass of drink and count today your happy day. You can manually install Android 5.0 into your device without having to do much. Okay, you really can’t wait to get Lollipop running on your Note 3? Let’s dive in straight!
Note that this tutorial is precisely referring to the international version of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005). At the end of the tutorial, you should have everything working fine, if and only if you follow the instructions strictly. (All download links are available after the tutorial)
[alert type=”warning”]Disclaimer! Mobileraft is not responsible for any damage or loss of data that may ensue during the process of performing advanced operations on your device. It is recommended that you backup all your data and strictly follow the tutorial. Again, you are doing this at your own risk![/alert]
***Ensure that your device has at least 50% of battery charge before you proceed***
UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 TO ANDROID 5.0 (LOLLIPOP)
- Run Samsung Kies on your PC. This helps to initiate a good connection between your phone and the PC when they both have contact.
- Extract Odin 3 & The downloaded Lollipop Firmware
- Power off the device and put it in Android download mode.
- Upon success, connect your phone to the computer and navigate to the extracted Odin 3 program. Run as administrator and move to the right pane of the software after it opens. Select AP and browse for the firmware you downloaded. The software may become stuck for a while, keep calm; it’s working.
- Now, exit Samsung Kies and leave the phone connected to the computer. Odin 3 should have a new screen showing you some check boxes. Make sure these are checked:
- Auto Reboot
- Reset Time
You will see a button lined with blue color if everything is ready as stated above. [screenshot below]
- Go ahead to click on the start button. You should now see a progress bar showing on your Note 3’s screen. Wait for the installation to finish and the phone will reboot itself.
Yay! You are now on Android 5.0 Lolipop with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Kindly put in mind that your internet speed will determine how fast the operating system files will be loaded into your phone.
– Odin 3
– Android 5.0 Firmware file for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. (This link takes you to a search page. Simply enter N9005 into the search box and select the appropriate firmware for your country. If you can’t find your country in the list, go for Poland Firmware – it works for any country)